Assuming you would like a step-by-step guide on how to remove malware using Windows Defender:
4Click Save changes, and then close Window Defender Options.6Open Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE). If you don’t have MSE installed, you can download it from Microsoft’s website (see Resources).
- Open Windows Defender by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Defender, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Defender.
- Click Tools, and then click Options.
- Under Administrator options, clear the Use this program check box. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue./li>
- Exit Windows Defender.
How does malware get on my computer?
Malware can get on a computer through many different ways. Some common ways are:1. Downloading or opening an infected file2. Infected software being installed on your computer3. Connecting to an infected network4. Being hacked5. Visiting malicious websites6. Clicking on suspicious links7. Running outdated or unpatched software8. Typing in incorrect passwords9.
How do I remove malware from my computer?
Windows Defender Antivirus can help remove malware from your computer. To start, open Windows Defender and click on the three lines in the top left corner of the main window. From here, you can access different tools to help clean up your computer.
To remove malware using Windows Defender:
- Open Windows Defender and click on the three lines in the top left corner of the main window.
- Click on “Tools” from this menu.
- On the Tools page, click on “Windows Security”.
- On the Windows Security page, under “Malware Protection”, select “Remove Malware”.
- In the Remove Malware window, select which types of malware you want to remove and then click on “Next”.
- If necessary, review the removal options and then click on “Finish”.
Is there anything else I can do to protect my computer from malware?
- Make sure your computer is up-to-date with the latest security patches.
- Use a reputable anti-virus program like Windows Defender to scan your computer for malware every day.
- Keep your computer clean and free of viruses, spyware, and other malicious software.
- If you think you have been infected with malware, remove it using Windows Defender or another anti-virus program.
Can Windows Defender help me remove malware from my computer?
Windows Defender can help you remove malware from your computer. To start, open Windows Defender and click on the shield icon in the lower-left corner of the window. Next, click on the More options button in the upper-right corner of the window. In the More options window, under Malware protection, select Remove all threats. On the next screen, select a category of malware to remove (for example, Potentially unwanted programs). If you want to remove specific types of malware (for example, ransomware), select those types and then click on Next. On the next screen, review your selections and then click on Remove all threats. If you have any questions or concerns about removing malware from your computer, please contact customer support at 1-800-Microsoft (1-800-633-3779).