Losing your Facebook account can be a frustrating experience. If you created your account with an email address, you can follow these steps to recover your account.
If you don’t have access to the email address associated with your Facebook account, try logging in with your mobile phone number. If that doesn’t work, you can try resetting your password.
To reset your password:
- Go to facebook.com/login and click Forgot Password? just below the login fields.
- Enter the email address or phone number associated with your Facebook account and click Search.
- If you see a message saying “Couldn’t find an account matching…”, enter another email or phone number associated with your account and click Search again. (You may need to try several different options.
How do I retrieve a lost or stolen Facebook account?
If you’ve lost your Facebook account, or if someone has stolen it, there are a few ways to get it back. You can try logging in using your email address and password, or by phone if you have the account’s phone number. If neither of those work, you can create a new account and restore your old one from backup.
Why am I being asked to verify my identity on Facebook?
If you’ve forgotten your password, or if someone has stolen your Facebook account, you can try to recover it with a phone number. Here’s how:
- Log in to your Facebook account using the email address and password that you used when you first registered. If you don’t have those details, click on the “Forgot Your Password?” link at the top of the page and enter your name and email address.
- Click on the “Account” tab at the top of the screen. Under “Settings,” click on “Security.”
- On the next page, under ” Recovery Options,” click on “Get a Phone Number.” You’ll be asked to provide your full name, date of birth, and phone number. (If you don’t have a phone number anymore, you can create one by calling Verizon Wireless.)
- After providing your information, Facebook will text or call you to verify it.
How do I add or remove a recovery method from my account?
If you have forgotten your Facebook password, or if your Facebook account has been hacked, you can use one of the following methods to recover your account:
- Use a password recovery tool. These tools help you find out what your current password is and generate new passwords for you.
- Reset your Facebook account using the “Forgot Your Password” link on the login screen. This will reset your account to its original settings and remove all of your posts and photos.
- If none of these options work for you, then you may need to contact Facebook support to get help recovering your account.
What is Two-Factor Authentication and how does it work?
Two-factor authentication (2FA) is a security feature used in online accounts that requires not only a password but also something you know, like a PIN code. 2FA makes it harder for someone to access your account if they have your password alone.
I’m being asked to enter a security code every time I log in. What’s going on?
If you are having trouble logging in to your Facebook account, there could be a few things going on. First, make sure that you are using the correct login credentials. If you have forgotten your password, click the “Forgot Your Password” link on the main page of Facebook and enter your email address and password into the provided fields. If you have not changed your password in a while and cannot remember what it is, click the ” Reset My Password” link on the main page of Facebook and enter your current password into the provided field.
If you are still having trouble logging in, try resetting your security code. To do this, go to Settings > Security > Reset Security Code. Enter your current security code into the field provided and click Reset Code. If this does not work, please contact customer service at 1-800-555-1212 or [email protected] for further assistance.
How can I turn off Two-Factor Authentication for my account?
If you have two-factor authentication enabled on your Facebook account, and you lose your phone or it’s stolen, you’ll need to turn off two-factor authentication before you can recover your account. To do this, go to Settings > Security and click on the link that says “Turn Off Two-Factor Authentication.” Then enter your password to confirm that you want to disable two-factor authentication. After disabling two-factor authentication, if you ever lose your phone or it’s stolen, you can simply sign in to Facebook using your regular login credentials.
What should I do if someone is trying to hack into my account or has already hacked into it?
If you think someone has hacked into your Facebook account, the first thing you should do is to change your password. If you have not changed your password in a while, you can also try to reset it by clicking on the link in the login screen that says “Forgot Your Password?”If you think someone has already hacked into your Facebook account, there are a few things you can do to try and prevent them from accessing any more information:1. Change your password2. Enable two-factor authentication3. Sign out of Facebook4. Delete all of your Facebook accounts5.