If you have more than one PlayStation
- n your home, you may be wondering how to activate one as your primary system. Doing so gives you access to a number of benefits, including being able to play digital games without having to insert the disc and being able to share downloaded games and content with other users on your PS Here’s how to make it happen:
- On your primary PS4, go to Settings > Account Management > Activate as Your Primary PS
- Select the checkbox next to “Activate.”
- Press “OK” when prompted.
- s now activated as your primary system! To verify, go back into Settings > Account Management and make sure that the “Primary PS4” indicator is lit up next to the console in question. If it isn’t, repeat the steps above until it is.
What are the benefits of activating my PS4 as my primary console?
Activating your PS- Increased storage space: When you activate your PS- Improved performance: By activating your PS- Enhanced security: Activating your PS
- s your primary console can provide a number of benefits. These include:
- s your primary console, you’ll be able to use all of the storage space on the system for games, apps, and other content. This means that you won’t have to worry about running out of room for downloads or streaming videos.
- s your primary console, you can take advantage of enhanced performance when gaming and using other applications. This includes faster loading times and less lag time when playing games online or in co-operative multiplayer sessions.
- s your primary console will help protect it from being hacked or stolen. This is because it will require a unique password before any updates or changes can be made to the system.
How can I tell if my PS4 is activated as my primary console?
To activate your PS4 as your primary console, you will need to sign in to the system using your account name and password. Once signed in, select “Settings” from the main menu and then “System.” Under “Primary Console,” make sure that the box next to “PS4” is checked.
How do I deactivate my PS4 as my primary console?
To deactivate your PS
- s your primary console, first make sure that you have the latest system software installed. To do this, go to the PlayStation Store and download the update. Once the update is installed, launch the System Software Update utility from the Settings menu. Select “System” and then select “Primary Console.” If you want to use another PSs your primary console, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings on your main PSonsole.
- Select System and then select Primary Console.
- Enter your password if required and press OK.
Can I have more than one PS4 Activated as my Primary Console?
Yes, you can have more than one PS4 activated as your primary console. This is done by logging into your account on the PlayStation Network and selecting “Activate Another Console.” From there, you will need to enter the activation code for the additional console.
Why would I want to activate my PS4 asmyPrimary Console?
There are a few reasons why you might want to activate your PS
- s your primary console. Perhaps you just bought the system and don’t want to have to worry about switching between consoles all the time, or maybe you use your PSor gaming most of the time and don’t want to have to keep an extra console around just in case someone wants to play something on it. Whatever the reason, activating your PSs your primary console can make life a lot easier. Here are some tips on how to do it:
- First thing you need is a copy of PlayStation ystem Software Update 5r higher. If you haven’t already downloaded and installed this update, go ahead and do so now by heading over to the PlayStation Network Store and downloading it onto your PS Once installed, restart your system once again.
- fter restarting, head over to Settings > [Your Profile Name] > [Primary Console]. If everything looks good there, select “Activate This Console As My Primary One” from the menu that pops up and hit OK. You will now be able to use this console exclusively for gaming purposes – no more switching back and forth between it and other consoles!
- f at any point in time you decide that you no longer want your PSctivated as your primary one, simply head back into Settings > [Your Profile Name] > [Primary Console] and uncheck the box next to “Activate This Console As My Primary One”. From then on, games will once again start loading onto whichever console is currently active (assuming that both systems are connected to the internet).
What happens if I don’t Activate My PS4 As My Primary Console?
If you do not activate your PS4 as your primary console, you will be able to play games and use other features, but some features may not work.
How DoI Re-Activate A DeactivatedPS4AsMyPrimaryConsole?
If you have deactivated your PSFirst, make sure that you have the correct account information saved on your PSSecond, if you’ve never used a USB drive before to activate a PS4, be sure to read our guide on how to do so. Once you’ve followed those steps, plug in your USB drive and follow the on-screen prompts.
Finally, if all else fails and you still can’t activate your PS
- s your primary console, there are a few things you can do to reactivate it.
- If you don’t have the account name and password saved, you’ll need to go through PlayStation’s online activation process.
- s your primary console, please reach out to PlayStation support for assistance.