There are a few reasons you might want to make your Instagram business account private. Maybe you’re concerned about competitors snooping around, or you want to keep your professional and personal lives separate. Or maybe you just want more control over who sees your posts.
Whatever the reason, making your Instagram business account private is easy to do. Here’s how:
Assuming you want to keep some of your older posts public but make new ones private by default, here’s how to change individual post privacy settings after publishing them:
- Open the Instagram app on your mobile device and log in.
- Tap on the profile icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen to go to your profile page.
- Tap on the “Edit Profile” button near the top of the page.
- Scroll down and toggle off the “Posts are Public” option under “Privacy and Security” section. This will make all of your future posts private by default. However, if you have any existing public posts, they will remain public unless you manually change them to private individually (more on that later).
- Tap “Done” in the top-right corner when finished. Your account is now private! If someone who isn’t already following you tries to view one of your posts, they’ll see a message saying “This Account is Private.” If they tap “Follow” and then “Request,” their follow request will go to You can then approve or deny it as you wish
- Go to your profile page and find the post you want to modify Tap on …
What are the benefits of changing my business account on Instagram to private?
There are a few benefits to changing your business account on Instagram to private. First, you can keep your account more confidential. Second, you can control who sees your posts and photos. Finally, you can increase the visibility of your brand by hiding followers and following fewer people.To change your business account on Instagram to private:1) Log in to your Instagram account2) Click on the gear icon (3rd from the top right corner of the screen)3) Select “Settings”4) Under “Account Settings,” click on “Privacy”5) Select “Private”6) Click “Save Changes.
How will changing my business account on Instagram to private affect my followers?
When you change your business account on Instagram to private, it will stop public users from seeing your posts and followers will be hidden. However, you can still share photos and videos with people who are following you privately.
Will changing my business account on Instagram to private limit who can see my posts?
There is no set limit to who can see your posts if you change your business account on Instagram to private. However, this will restrict the amount of people who can follow and view your account. Additionally, it may make it more difficult for you to connect with potential customers and followers.
Can I change my business account on Instagram back to public after making it private?
Yes, you can change your business account back to public on Instagram. To do this, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Instagram account.
- Click on the gear icon in the top-right corner of the screen and select Settings from the menu that appears.
- Under Account, click on Private Profile and then toggle it off.
- Click on Public Profile and then toggle it on.
What happens if I don’t change my business account on Instagram to private?
If you do not change your business account on Instagram to private, then anyone with the link to your public account can see all of your posts and followers. Additionally, any businesses that you have promoted through your public Instagram account will also be able to see these posts and followers.
How do I know if changing my business account on Instagram to private is the right decision for me and my company?
There are pros and cons to changing your business account on Instagram to private. The main pro is that it will keep your account more secure. Private accounts are not searchable by default, so people searching for you won’t be able to find you as easily. Additionally, private accounts can only be viewed by followers you have approved. This means that if someone tries to follow your private account without your permission, they will be blocked from seeing your posts.The main con of switching to a private account is that it will make it harder for people who know you well (i.e., friends and family) to see your posts. If you want them to be able to see your posts, then you’ll need to add them as followers on a public account and then turn the private account into a public one later.Overall, there are pros and cons to switching your business account on Instagram to private.
What are some things I should consider before changing my business account on Instagram from public to private?
There are a few things you should consider before making the switch to private account for your business. First and foremost, make sure that you have a good reason for wanting to do so. If you don’t have a good reason, there is a good chance that your followers will not understand why you made the change and may even stop following you. Additionally, be sure to take into account the Instagram platform’s policies when making this decision. For example, if you run a business that sells products or services through Instagram, then changing your account to private will likely result in less exposure for your brand since many of your followers are likely interested in seeing what you post about your product or service. Finally, be prepared to invest time and effort into maintaining your new private account. This includes creating interesting content that will keep people coming back, as well as monitoring comments and responding to fans who message you asking why your account has changed status.