If you’re not happy with your current default browser and want to switch to a new one, it’s actually pretty easy to do in Windows
- Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to change your default browser:
- Open up the Start menu by clicking on the Windows icon in the bottom left-hand corner of your screen. Then, click on the “Settings” app.
- In the Settings app, click on the “System” category.
- On the System settings page, click on “Default apps” in the left sidebar. This will bring up a list of all of the different types of apps that can be set as defaults in Windows
- Scroll down until you see “Web browser.” Click on it, and then select the browser you want to use as your default from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Open Settings on your computer and click on the System icon.?
- Under “System,” select “Default apps.”?
- In Default apps, you’ll see a list of all the programs that are installed on your computer by default.?
- To change your default browser, select Microsoft Edge from the list.?
- If you don’t want to use Microsoft Edge as your default browser, you can choose another option from the list.
Click on System.?
In the Default Programs section, you will see a list of programs that are set as your default browser.
To change your default browser, select the program from the list and click on Change Program.
On the Change Program window, you will see a list of browsers that are available as options for this program.
Select the browser that you want to use as your default browser and click on OK.
Click on Default apps.?
There are a few ways to change your default browser windows
- Open the Start menu and type “default apps.”
- Click on Default apps.?
- Select the app you want to use as your default browser, such as Internet Explorer or Firefox.?
- If you want to change the default search engine, click on the arrow next to “search” and select another one from the list.?
- To close all open windows of the selected app, click on its Close button.
Under Web browser, click the Microsoft Edge icon and select your preferred browser from the list that appears.?
If you are using a touch screen, you can also access the list of browsers by swiping in from the right edge of the screen.?
To change your default browser on a Windows
Select More (…) to open the Settings menu. ?
In the Settings menu, select Default apps. ? ? ? ? ? In Default apps, select Web browser from the list.? If you are using a touch screen, you can also swipe to access this list.? You will see different browsers listed depending on which type of device you are using: PC or phone. ? To change your default browser on a Windows
- C, open Microsoft Edge and click on the three lines in the top left corner. ?
- obile device, open Microsoft Edge and tap and hold on one of the tiles until it expands. Then tap Change default app and select Web browser from the list.